Sunday, February 8, 2015

he's baaaack

So its been almost 2 years since the last time I wrote in this blog, not that my husband hasn't provided plenty of material. I guess life just got too busy to sit down and pen the outrageous things my husband has said or done, though I do have to say believe it or not he has toned down a bit.

Over the time since the last entry we have had some new people join our group which provided Eddie the opportunity to shock the newcomers. I don't think they are used to it yet (but I don't think any of us really ever get used to his antics).

Last night we went out for a night of bowling with the MClan and someone bought up a story from this past NYE and how eddie fell asleep last night.

Here is some background for you: every year we host a party at our house on NYE. Despite how much my husband may drink that night he always insists on staying up until the backyard and majority of the inside of the house is cleaned up. This year, we had some friends over to help before they left so my husband went upstairs to change into more appropriate clothes for cleaning. After a while I realized he has been gone for a while and I asked if anyone knew where he was. Our friend Danny mentioned that he had gone upstairs to change so I might want to go check on him. So I went upstairs and found him passed out on our bed with the top half of his body on MY side of the bed and the bottom half dangling over the edge (later he would point out to me he only had one sneaker on, apparently he fell asleep in the middle of putting on the other sneaker).
 
 
 
So back to last night...our friend made a comment about a time recently when we had gone out and eddie had drank and asked if he had fallen asleep correctly (which he had) and then his wife asked if he had actually changed into his pajamas or had stayed fully clothed (this time he had changed). Since I am pregnant Eddie took advantage of having a designated driver and drank a few kool aid bowls at splitsville last night. Once we got home, by the time I got upstairs, I found him in the same position as NYE night (except on his side of the bed thank goodness), fully clothed, passed out. I tried waking him up to tell him to get into the bed correctly but only got the same response I normally get when I try to help him out which is "just give me a minute" with this tone of annoyance. About 20 minutes later I tried again and got the same response and I texted our friend's wife "guess who didn't make it into bed completely and is fully clothed'. This morning she responded and said I should start a blog and put a picture of him with a caption. So I informed her that I actually have a blog about Edward's antics and shared the link with her.
 
 
After sharing the link with her and once again getting positive feedback I reread the blog myself and got inspired to start it up again.
 
 
As Edward said last night at dinner to our friends "the stuff I say and do still catches her off guard sometimes, at least she can't say after all these years that she is bored."
 
 
So here's to not being bored. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Can't wait to see the collage of pictures you will be able to make of how he falls asleep after going out. ---vero

    ReplyDelete