Monday, January 9, 2012

telemarketing calls

The Nodals hate telemarketing calls as much as anyone else but we tend to handle them differently. I use my friend the caller ID to screen calls on our house phone since hardly anyone we know calls us on that line. If I don't recognize the name or number I just turn the ringer off and don't answer. If I do decide to answer (only because I've noticed the same number has called a few time) I let the person get one sentence in to say why they are calling and they say not interested and the call ends. Eddie normally will pick up the phone (he hates that I don't answer calls just because I don't recognize the number) and then hangs up on the person. Well tonight we received a call from Winter Park, Fl which eddie answers. This is the end of the conversation that I hear:

Hello....No, she's not here....I don't know when she's coming back,[pause], EVER.

Eddie: 1 Telemarketer: 0. Let's hope that telemarketer leaves us alone from now on.

3 comments:

  1. I really miss you and Eddie! And these posts just reinforce this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO..I usually say..sorry, my Mommy's not home..and I don't think she's coming back..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, next time play along with them, make a funny alias, and tell them very inappropriate comments. Thats how I deal with them. Makes for a good story. :oD

    ReplyDelete